Based on proven technology that has been in use for decades, the LightScalpel CO2laser is a device that uses the energy of light to cut through tissue and seal vessels.
Using a tightly focused light beam, the LightScalpel CO2 laser creates incisions that are more precise and cause less injury to surrounding tissue.
In addition to cutting tissue, the laser can remove unwanted or unhealthy tissue by vaporizing layers of cells until the exact level is reached. The CO2 laser also seals blood vessels while cutting, reducing the amount of swelling and bleeding during and after surgery.
LightScalpeL CO2 laser Safety
Dr. Stastny was first trained and certified in the proper use of CO2 lasers in 1994 and has been safely treating patients since that time. All Blue Ash Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery staff is trained on the latest precautions and techniques to insure a safe environment for patients whenever the LightScalpel CO2 laser is in use.
When is laser surgery the right choice?
Because of its many benefits, the LightScalpel CO2 laser is suitable for a variety of surgical procedures. Dr. Stastny will discuss if the CO2 laser is appropriate for your procedure.
BENEFITS of using the LightScalpel laser
- The LightScalpel CO2 laser can seal small blood vessels as it cuts and removes tissue, reducing bleeding and, in some instances reducing the need for sutures.
- This same effect of sealing small vessels also works to minimize swelling and pain after surgery with the CO2 laser.
- There is reduced risk of post-operative infections because the laser disinfects the surgical site as it cuts or removes tissue.
- The surgeon has better visibility because of minimized bleeding, which results in decreased procedure time.
- All of these factors add up to decreased pain, minimal swelling and faster recovery.
The LightScalpel CO2 Laser is regularly used by dental & medical specialists
The FDA has cleared the LightScalpel LS-1005 and LS-2010 CO2 Laser Systems for use in the following types of procedures; incision of tissue, excision of tissue, vaporizing tissue, ablating tissue, and coagulation of soft tissue. In addition to Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons, dermatologists, general dentists, general surgeons, gynecologists, neurosurgeons, otolaryngologists, orthopedic surgeons, plastic surgeons and urologists use the LightScalpel CO2 laser.
The LightScalpel CO2 laser has a wide variety of applications both inside the mouth and on the face. Whether you need a small area to be precisely contoured, or a large lesion removed, the laser can help create a better patient experience.
The LightScalpel CO2 laser is FDA Cleared and MADE IN America
Manufactured in the United States, the 10.6-micrometer LightScalpel CO2 laser is cleared by the FDA for soft tissue surgical procedures both in the mouth and on the skin.
Learn more at https://www.lightscalpel.com/patient-laser-surgery/