Important Information Regarding COVID-19
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection however, everyone is susceptible to COVID-19. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
How Blue Ash OMS is ensuring the safety of you and our team.
- Every patient is screened for COVID-19 risk factors using a comprehensive questionnaire. Anyone who has risk factors will be referred a more appropriate facility for treatment.
- Check and record temperatures for every patient when they arrive for their appointment.
- Anyone reporting or exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms will be advised to contact their primary care physician immediately and placed in quarantine as appropriate.
- We are using telephone triage and other remote strategies to reduce the number of patient contacts whenever possible.
- Stagger patient appointments to minimize patient-to-patient contact.
- Social distancing will be observed in the office.
- We continue to use strict disinfection and sterilization protocols between patients.
- We ask that patients attend their appointments alone, but if you cannot please adhere to a single companion rule. (except where necessary for interpreters, guardians of minors, and others needing assistance).
- Our office will attempt to secure COVID-19 test reports where available for patients and staff.
- Staff members have their temperatures taken, recorded and logged daily.
- Staff members who report or exhibit any COVID-19 symptoms must self-quarantine and contact their primary care physician immediately and follow their advice. If found to be positive, the office will follow the Ohio Department of Health protocol.
- All staff use appropriate PPE as dictated by the setting, consistent with guidelines from the CDC and the American Dental Association, including masks, face shields and fluid-resistant gowns.
- All patients are given a pre-procedure mouth rinse before any procedure
- These guidelines will continue to be updated as needed.
Please view and share our latest COVID-19 Symptom Comparison Chart with your friends and family.For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: